Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

BANANA-PHOBIA

               The momenI was born in 1990 till today, 2013. I have never fully eaten or finished a banana in my entire life. This is simply because from an incident I got traumatize since I was 12 years old. My dad who was an ambitious and honourable person by friends and family, he taught me a lot to what I have become. As always, he wanted me to be in good health and take my daily dosage of fruits, vitamins and ensuring that I have a proper nutrients intake. Me being me as always, didn't like the idea of having fruits because of the idea of how fruits can taste mysteriously different from what you’d expect like somehow a durian can be intrigue because of the yellowish, slimy, yucky feelings you’ll have for it but the taste can be vastly different as once you take a mouthful of it, you’d feel the texture and taste of thick, succulent, scrumptious, enticing piece of juicy inner core meat of the durian as if you are eating  melting, mouthful of Kobe beef.
             However, my dad wished I could start accepting fruits since I'm 12 as Asian dads always hoping their children mature faster than others because of how Asian parents are always competitive. He came up with an idea of daring me up by eating a banana as banana contains lots of vitamins and fibre which is good for health and also good for cleansing my body as fibre contains some type of chemical which react to cleanse all the toxic in your body, he offered me RM5 if I do so. At that time, RM5 was a humongous amount of money. I reluctant to take the cash for a while as I didn't like fruits and I also didn't like the idea of me puking up from eating the disgusting, redolent, saporous banana. When I was a child, I was very brave and yet mischievous so I took challenge as I thought to myself that RM5 could really buy me some valuable toys that I always wanted since I was 8 years old. For a moment, I thought I really could've done it as I quickly took a squishy, skunky, stiff piece of banana and un-wrapped it and without hesitation, I quickly gulped it a mouthful of it. Never in my mind, would I vomit it out because of the sweet scent, spongy, smooth texture but once it hits back of my throat had me recalled why I hated banana so much. The slimy, soggy, stinging banana sting my throat as if the fruit trying to hint me “don’t eat me, I'm a disgusting fruit”.  The few millisecond, I couldn't take it and I vomited it out as if there’s no tomorrow for me.
          Until today, I never touched or eaten a banana which is sad and hopeless for me as  banana gives a lot of benefits for a grown up teenager but I do take other fruits like watermelon, oranges and many more. Moreover, I do take banana juice if I have to but not an actual banana. Nevertheless, I will never deplete my dream of eating bananas as I know me as a chef must try have eaten or taste all types of fruits and foods so that I could mix-well with others as if I'm doing chemistry. 

Followers