Total Pageviews

Monday, June 24, 2013

Beats the hell out of Michelin Guide restaurants


           
            The Michelin Guide is a series of annual guidebooks published by the French company Michelin for more than a dozen countries. The term normally refers to the Michelin Red Guide, the oldest and best-known European hotel and restaurant reference guide, which awards Michelin stars for excellence to a select few establishments. The acquisition or loss of a star can have dramatic effects on the success of a restaurant. Michelin also publishes a series of general guides to countries.

            Started on the 9th of June, we took a simple school trip to France for educational purpose.  It was nonetheless the best adventure for me as I heard so many stories about France and their food making. I was much more delighted to listen to the history of every single manufactured buildings in France especially Eiffel tower and Louvre pyramid. They were the most heard and talk-about buildings around the globe but nevertheless me as a mastery profession in culinary arts definitely need a feel of the renowned food in France. That is when I stumble upon a restaurant with my full of acknowledgment of testing out their food.  How the name of the restaurant can even amaze me, La Taverne Bavaroise was the name. It got me thinking what’s the meaning of the name and I googled it up. La Taverne Bavaroise, supposed to be the house for the Bavarian to leave in. That got my curiosity intensity even higher, could it be the restaurant serving Bavarian food.  At last, I went in and tried out their most ordered sausages and the waiter told me the name of the dish was Toulouse’s sausage, which is the name of the town. It was at least 15-inch long sausage and it came with handful of fries, it was common at first sight but once it reaches to your tongue. The meat was unbearable juicy and this Toulouse’s sausage made Frankfurt sausages felt like peasant sausages. Lastly, I ordered a dessert to mouthwash my salty Toulouse sausage that was still rumbling in my throat. The dessert came; it was the well-known crème brulee that even the god can’t resist the temptation of crème brulee. This crème brulee was not your ordinary crème brulee you can get at the supermarket. It was the best I’ve ever tasted and my mind kept asking how the hell did the chef do that awesome fluffy and creamy crème brulee. The time had came to get the bill, this got me thinking as the price might finally be the death sentence upon me and it got me off guard. The price was merely just 15 Euro dollars.


            This restaurant was definitely worth mentioning, I was darn surprised when I knew the restaurant wasn’t even in the Michelin Guide restaurant list. The food and service was well served to me, as I was very satisfied. Rating this restaurant from my point of view as 4.5 out of 5. I wouldn’t mind going through 13 hours of flight just to dine in the restaurant again.

Followers